In the movie, you see Buddy, huddled against a wall on the phone with Walter because he is afraid of the noises that the heater was making. He then calms down and goes back to the breakfast table and finishes “preparing” his breakfast. It’s not one you would normally see. Take a look:
It’s definitely a classic. I thought I’d analyse the clip and figure out what exactly Buddy eats for breakfast. I broke it down into about 6 ingredients.
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Fudge Pop-tarts
Of course, he has a bed of spaghetti too.
Here’s how you make a Buddy the Elf Breakfast (recipe)
- Boil water, and cook half a handful of spaghetti for 5 minutes – I used angel hair pasta.
- Plate the spaghetti.
- Add 1/4 c. M&M’s, 1/2 c. mini-marshmallows, and 1 tablespoon of sprinkles.
- Add pure maple syrup and chocolate syrup to your liking.
- Break one chocolate fudge pop-tart to act as toast.
Voila! That’s how you recreate the breakfast that Buddy the Elf enjoyed in the movie Elf.
Take a look at the video on how to create this sweet treat!
Rent Elf Now (click on image).