Our freezer is especially helpful during this time of the year when there are cookies to store, and soups to hold on to from baking and making too much for family get together’s. Be selective when it comes to putting leftovers in your freezer. Today, we’re sharing 5 foods that Foodsters should never freeze.
- Uncooked batters that already have baking powder or soda in them. An alternative would be yeast based batters. You can freeze those.
- Eggs should never go in the freezer. Cooked eggs become rubbery; raw yolks and whites become gummy. YUMMY!! 🙂
- Cooked-pasta. Unless you love soggy pasta – just no, no, no.
- Mayonnaise. It’ll just separate when you thaw it.
- Raw potatoes. You’ll loose some texture, and they’ll also darken.
One last tip: make sure anything freezer-bound is completely cool before you freeze it. Chill it in the fridge for a day first.
image sources here